Heart Fund is a non-profit, non-governmental, charitable organization which was established to strengthen Cayman’s health. Our aim is to alert, reduce and help prevent Cardio Vascular Disease (CVD). We achieve this through education, free medical screenings to the public and, by providing medical equipment & services.
Here are some of our programs:
- Free Medical Screenings: - Cayman Heart Fund provides FREE medical screenings to the public several times per year. Our Heart Health Fair in March was attended by 800+ people and where close to 300 attendees received free screenings. This program provides many individuals with an opportunity to receive free blood glucose, pressure and other screenings; which they may not be able to afford otherwise.
- War on Weight Program – This is a yearly competition which assists contestants with nutritional counseling, exercise programs and psychological counseling to achieve the highest weight loss through healthy lifestyle changes.
- Red Dress Gala - This is our key fundraising event which is also an opportunity for our partners to enjoy a fun filled night with exquisite cuisine, fantastic music and dancing all night long! Next year, our red dress gala will be held on Feb. 10th, 2012 at the Marriott featuring top “Elvis” performer, Ron Adams and, 50’s/60’s theme. Buy your tickets early!
- The Red Dress Luncheon – Attendees of this event, usually held in March, are educated on Heart Disease prevention by world renowned specialists in the field.
- The Cayman Heart Fund Medical Symposium - Several expert doctors are brought to the island for a FREE seminar for the medical community where they receive Continuing Medical Education Certificate. This is done in cooperation with St. Matthew’s University.
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED) - The CHF has been coordinating the purchase and installation of this life-saving Automated External Defibrillators (AED) throughout the Islands, along with AED and CPR training which is offered by St. Matthew’s University, School of Medicine. Our initiative has been quite successful, as as it has resulted in AED machines being installed in several public places and businesses. Further, in an effort to give back to the community, CHF will donate a unit for every 12 AED units purchased from Cayman Heart Fund. As a result, AED machines have already been donated to Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands Red Cross and Body Sculptor Gym.
These are some of the ways in which the Cayman Heart Fund has brought awareness to Cardio Vascular Disease (CVD). For more information please contact the Cayman Heart Fund at (345) 916-6324, alternatively via email at [email protected] Visit our website as well; www.caymanhertfund.com.
Thank you for your support. The heart you save may be your own!
Our yearly "heartfelt" event is our elegant Red Dress Gala to be held on Feb. 10th, 2012 at the Marriott featuring top “Elvis” performer, Ron Adams and, 50’s 60’s theme. It will be a fun filled night with exquisite cuisine, fabulous music and dancing all night long! So please come and have a great time while showing your commitment to a Heart Healthy Cayman!